//venice>connected Wi-Fi Internet service
Wi-Fi (Wireless Fidelity) means you can connect to the internet at public wireless broadband access points called hotspots – just like the way you connect wirelessly at home. Millions of people around the world regularly use Wi-Fi hotspots, which are an easy and convenient alternative to mobile broadband and internet cafés.
In 2009 Venice was one of the first cities in Italy to offer city-wide Wi-Fi, a network of 200 Wi-Fi hotspots in historical city centre, islands and mainland.
//venice>connected Wi-Fi service connects your laptop or Wi-Fi-enabled device to the Internet at the //venice>connected hot spots within the city of Venice.
How to access the service
All you need to connect to //venice>connected Wi-Fi is a laptop computer or mobile device, such as Smartphones, with a Wi-Fi interface. Most laptops and some mobile phones come with built-in Wi-Fi capability. Connecting to //venice>connected Wi-Fi service is easy, just follow the instructions.
To help you get started using //venice>connected Wi-Fi service, we have listed answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.
You can search for //venice>connected Wi-Fi zones on the city map.
Below you will find a list of //venice>connected Wi-Fi packages available for purchase:
|Fees||//venice>connected Wi-Fi packages (*)|
|24 hours||72 hours||7 days|
Available only if you book at least 7 days in advance
|€ 5||€ 15||€ 20|
With no advance payment you pay the full fee
|€ 8||€ 20||€ 30|
(*) 24 hour/72 hour Wi-Fi packages provide consecutive hours of connection from first use, within seven days of start date (the date you specified in your booking, i.e. when you intend to activate your Wi-Fi connection). For example, if you buy a 24 hour Wi-Fi package, and choose July 15th as start date, you can activate it any time from July 15th to July 21st.
24 hour Wi-Fi packages provide 24 hours of continuous unlimited access to the Internet from first time of use. It means if you first start using it on July 15th at 09:00am it will expire on July 16th at 09:00am. Same applies for 72 hour packages. Please note that access starts from first use and will end after the purchased time period (24 hours or 72 hours), no matter how long you effectively stay connected.
7 day Wi-Fi packages provide consecutive days of connection from start date (the date you specified in your booking, i.e. when you intend to activate your Wi-Fi connection). It means if you buy a 7 day Wi-Fi package, and choose July 15th as start date, you will have continuous unlimited access to the Internet from July 15th at 00:00 to July 21th at 24:00. Please note that access will end after the purchased time period (7 days), no matter how long you effectively stay connected.
To purchase when you are in Venice, enter a //venice>connected Wi-Fi hotspot location, connect to the network, and on your first attempt to browse a webpage you will receive the //venice>connected Wi-Fi Welcome Page. The page will show an option to purchase a connection: click on the Acquista ora/Buy now link.
If you buy the service when you are in Venice you will pay the full fee.
If you have questions or issues on //venice>connected Wi-Fi service, please search //venice>connected Wi-Fi FAQ’s page.
Please read the Wi-Fi help guide carefully before you connect to //venice>connected Wi-Fi network to access the Internet.
If you are unable to find an answer to your question or a solution to your problem, feel free to submit a ticket to the //venice>connected Wi-Fi helpdesk.
//venice>connected Wi-Fi helpdesk works Monday-Friday. We answer in English, French and Italian only.
Please visit the official website: www.cittadinanzadigitale.it
Please remember that service users agree/concur:
- to observe anti-terrorism laws, in the manner and terms laid down by decree law n. 14/2005, as converted into law and modified by law 155/2005 and by the Decree of the Ministry of the Interior of 16 August 2005;
- to hold harmless Venis from and against each and every liability inherent in the use of the wired or wireless network services of //venice>connected for the requested use;
- to accept liability for the storage, with the maximum confidentiality and diligence, of the username and password that provide access to the system and immediately notify the operator if the password is mislaid;
- that they accept that Venis can use users' personal data for local initiatives and promotions connected to the activities of //venice>connected for the purposes of law 196/2003 safeguarding privacy;
- that they are cognisant of the fact that the service is provided for seven days commencing from the date of the foregoing pick-up;
- that they are cognisant that no minimum bandwidth is guaranteed;
- that they have carefully read and expressly accepted all the terms and conditions for the user of the //venice>connected service as stated in the website www.veniceconnected.com/terms-of-use.